Thursday, September 30, 2010

Family Cook Book

I have been working on a family cook book. There are so many meals and treats that my family has enjoyed over the years, I decided to write down as many as I could. I am looking forward to passing this collection on to my children when they are grown. I think this would be a perfect addition to a hope chest!

What are your family recipes? Is there a special place you keep them so they can be enjoyed by generations to come?
My grandmother always had something wonderful to share when I was at her home, and I would love nothing more than to provide that same loving welcome to my family.

My mother's favorite cookies, and my (favorite) Aunt's favorite side dish:

Snickerdoodles
Taken from Betty Crocker
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose or unbleached flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon







Print these coupons...
















About Concordance™




  1. Heat oven to 400ºF.
  2. Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, the butter, shortening and eggs in large bowl. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
  3. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Mix 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
  4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.

Aunt LuLu’s Rice and Broccoli Casserole


Bake 350 degrees, 45 Minutes

8oz. Jar Cheese Whiz
1 cup milk
1 ½ cup minute rice (uncooked)
1 can cream mushroom soup
½ cup diced celery
¾ stick margarine

Grease casserole dish, mix all ingredients together, bake 45 minutes

Alternative recipe to try:
Ingredients
1 cup rice, cooked
1 cup milk
10 ounces frozen broccoli, cooked
1/2 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 small onion, diced
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
Directions
1
Mix everything in a big casserole dish.
2
Bake at 375°F, for 45 minutes.







































Print these coupons...
















About Concordance™






No comments:

Post a Comment