Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Decorating The Home For the Harvest Season Autumn is by far my favorite season. Every year, I look forward to the crispness of the air, the breathtaking transformation that all the trees go through before dropping their leaves, and of course all the fall goodies! I love all the wonderful thing about fall, especially making my home reflect the season. Being a single income family, I can't always justify spending like crazy to decorate the house, but with a little creativity and bargain shopping, I always wind up with a few beautiful decorations to display.

Dollar Store Junkie

Now, there are certainly things I wouldn't buy at the dollar store, but decorations are one of my favorite things to grab. I love to see what I can put together with only a few dollars. Lots of times, looking at what is available at the local dollar store can leave you feeling a little flat, but look a little deeper, and you'll be amaized at where your creativity can take you on just a couple dollars.


This is what I brought home from my last visit: I got about 16 little "picks", and a roll of very fall-ish ribbon. At 2/$1, I had to figure something out!










A few minutes and a roll of duct tape later, This is what I have:




A beautiful swag to put in front of the fireplace mirror.








I paired it with a few other decorations that I already had,
and my living room is ready for fall company!






In my same dollar store trip, I picked up three other little things to pair with my mums outside.



My hope is to honor my husband by making our home beautiful, as I strive to be more like the proverbs 31 woman.

4 comments:

  1. Wow what talent. Very pretty arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that idea, to use the dollar store for your seasonal decorating materials. Now I'm inspired -- must head to dollar store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never would have thought to put those together as a swag! So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts exactly! My local dollar store has amazing decorations for Fall. I purchased some things last year and they held up well and I pulled them out again this year. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete