Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Whatever happened to Hannah Montana? ~(Graphic Pictures, use caution)

I strongly believe that part of making a home is being vigilant about keeping certain things out. Unfortunately, it is becoming more and more necessary, especially to protect our children. I was devastated to see a Miley Cyrus video on Ordinary Inspirations, my friend Traci's blog. (Thank you Traci, for letting me re post this video.)
The little girl who used to be the silly, talented Hannah Montana has been exploited (by her parents!!!!!), and is now making obscene, disgusting music videos.
This is the same girl who just a few yeas ago was the envy of every little girl in the country. Unfortunately, to many girls, she still is.
This is the video she made for her new song "Can't Be Tamed".





What has happened to this girl is absolutely heartbreaking. ...And it is terrifying to think that

this is what my young daughters are being influenced by!



As mothers, we are called by God to teach our daughters what is good and decent. We are to show them how to become women of God. Wives of God.
"Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God." ~Titus 2:4

If we allow our girls to be taken in by the images the media bombards them with, we will lose them to the world. I am constantly monitoring what my children watch and listen to. Some people tell me that that I am too sheltering, but I fear for their hearts if I don't. When they walk out our front doors, they are at the mercy of their environment. We need to arm them before they leave so they will be prepared to turn away.
"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." ~Psalm 4:23

1 comment: