Friday, October 22, 2010

Family Cookbook Friday

I think, since I have been doing so many of our family recipes, that I will dedicate one day a week to my family.
So, here is it, Family Cookbook Friday. I hope you enjoy it!

This recipe is a favorite of my brother's. My mother used to make them for him all the time.


Gina's Chocolate Crinkles:
(I have seen variations of this recipe in several cookbooks)


Ingredients:
½ cup vegetable oil
4sq. Unsweetened chocolate (4 oz), melted
2 cups granulated sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup confectioner’s sugar

Directions:
Mix oil, chocolate, granulated sugar,. Blend in one egg at a time until well mixed. Add Vanilla. Sift flour. Stir flour, baking powder, and salt into oil mixture. Chill several hours or over night.

Heat oven to 350°. Roll small balls with dough and drop into confectioners sugar. Roll to cover completely. Place 2” apart on greased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Be careful not to overbake.
Makes about 6 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment