Saturday, November 13, 2010

Family Cookbook Friday... On Saturday Morning


Sorry I'm late! We had a bit of a crazy day yesterday. So I'm deviating a little from my family cookbook recipe's and sharing what I believe may be the perfect holiday breakfast.

It's not a family re
cipe, but I think is soon may be. It's called a Cinnamon Apple Dutch Baby Here's the recipe:

6 tbsp butter

2 tsp cinnamon ( I used a cinnamon blend, with nutmeg and ginger)
1/4 cup brown sugar

2 lg Granny Smith apples, sliced thin
4 eggs
1 cup flour

1 cup milk

In 10-12 in frying pan, melt butter on low heat. Stir in sugar and cinnamon. Add apples. Cook, stirring often until apples are translucent, about 5 minutes.
Place pan in 425 degree oven while you mix batter.
Mix eggs and flour until smooth (be sure to scrape
bowl). Add milk.



Pour batter even
ly over batter in pan. Bake uncovered until fluffy and golden, about 15 minutes.
(Taken from cooks.com)










I served it with a little warm caramel on top.
It was a huge hit!! Oh my goodness it was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment